JoomGallery 3.0 JUX BETA
- Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 22:21
After countless hours of hard work during the last weeks we can proudly present the first BETA version of the JoomGallery for Joomla! 3.x today, the JoomGallery 3.0 JUX.
JUX stands for Joomla! User eXperience and indicates that the image gallery follows the trend of Joomla! to create a great overall user experience for site administrators and users. Accordingly, all the back end views were revised and adapted to Bootstrap. We hope you enjoy it!
In order to provide not too much surprises for site visitors in case of a gallery update the adjustments of the front end to Bootstrap were only done partially. A new feature - the ability to use installable, alternative layouts - provides the possibility to completely revise and individualize the front end. In this way now also templates designers and developers are able to contribute to the JoomGallery project.
Furthermore we have implemented a new Drag'n'Drop upload capability in the front and back end using the AJAX technology, the Fine Uploader. Progress bars are used by this uploader to give feedback about the status of the upload.
The following other improvements are included in this version:
- Possibility to activate certain rights (e.g. upload) for guests (for security reasons this option must be explicitly switched on in the configuration manager).
- Batch processing for categories in the category manager.
- Easy way to integrate different popup boxes with plugins.
- RTL language support via CSS.
We would be happy about a lot of feedback to this BETA version in our newly established board area for the JoomGallery 3 so that a stable version can be released as soon as possible.
In addition, we would like to remember you that with the release of JoomGallery 3 Stable the support for the JoomGallery 1.5.x will definitely end. If you are still on Joomla! 1.5 you should migrate as soon as possible since the official development and the support of Joomla! 1.5 has already been stopped.
For JoomGallery 2, we will of course continue to provide bug fix releases.
JoomGallery 2.1.3 Bugfixrelease
- Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 16:56
After a few new bugs were detected through the forum and by your help we are able to release a new bug fix version today.
The following bugs were fixed:
- Improved sort algorithm in batch upload.
- Owner filter of image manager did not work correctly.
- Wrong ACL check for batch upload fixed.
- Image upload and category creation in MiniJoom was not possible in frontend due to wrong URLs.
- Undefined variable notice when uploading special image files.
- Problems with pagination in some views.
You can update your gallery with the Autoupdate function in the JoomGllery backend. Alternatively you can also load the Zip from the download section and install it via the extension manager of Joomla!.
Finishing translations to prepare for JoomGallery 3
- Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 14:39
A few days ago Danish translation files of JoomGallery were finished and the Lithuanian ones are nearly completed.
Thanks a bunch to all the translators!
Unfortunately, still much work is to do.
Here you can see the current status of translations on Transifex:
For JoomGallery 2.1.x: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/joomgallery/
For JoomGallery 3.x: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/joomgallery3/
Please jump in there and help translating in order to contribute back to the whole community and help improving JoomGallery to prepare for JG 3.0 JUX!
Which language will be the next completed one after Danish?