JoomGallery 2.1.5 Bugfixrelease
- Published on Friday, 07 February 2014 16:50
We also want to provide another bugfix release for the JoomGallery 2 today, which fixes the following minor issues:
- Small typo leading to a wrong display of the category path in the user panel.
- Some JoomGallery API parameters did not work correctly.
- Errors occur using PHP 5.4 or 5.5 when FTP layer is enabled.
- Syntax error in database query when creating zip archives of favourites.
- Wrong variable used in JoomGallery router (router.php).
You can update your gallery with the Autoupdate function in the JoomGllery backend. Alternatively you can also load the Zip from the download section and install it via the extension manager of Joomla!.
Finishing translations to prepare for JoomGallery 3
- Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 14:39
A few days ago Danish translation files of JoomGallery were finished and the Lithuanian ones are nearly completed.
Thanks a bunch to all the translators!
Unfortunately, still much work is to do.
Here you can see the current status of translations on Transifex:
For JoomGallery 2.1.x: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/joomgallery/
For JoomGallery 3.x: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/joomgallery3/
Please jump in there and help translating in order to contribute back to the whole community and help improving JoomGallery to prepare for JG 3.0 JUX!
Which language will be the next completed one after Danish?
How to protect your images
- Published on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:05
So, why this article?
While it is impossible to protect images that are publicly presented on a site there are many people who restrict the displaying of images to certain users or user groups by using Joomla!'s access levels. These parts of the site and the gallery will only be available for those users then, however if an unauthorised user knows or guesses the actual image paths and names (those ending with e.g. .jpg) he will be able to see the image anyway (that's because access checks can only be done within the PHP script and not for delivery of media files).
In JoomGallery, it is very easy to solve this problem: